Satisfy your sweet cravings and give your body a protein hit all in one go. Use this recipe for chocolate and peanut butter flapjacks to take your post-gym snack to another level.
Buy now from Sainsbury’s.
- 250g rolled oats
- 150g smooth Hi-PRO peanut butter
- 100g butter
- 125g honey
- 50g dark chocolate (70%)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4
- Line a small baking tin with baking paper
- Place the butter and honey in a pan over a low heat.
- Once melted, stir in the oats and 100g of the peanut butter. Pour the mixture in to the lined tin and push down to compact mixture
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown then remove from the oven. Set the flapjack aside to cool while you make the topping.
- Over a pan of boiling water gently melt the chocolate and stir until smooth. Meanwhile place the remaining 50g of peanut butter into a small sauce pan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate over flapjack base. Add teaspoons of warm peanut butter on top of the chocolate and with a knife create swirls on the surface.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Let it sit 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bars can be frozen well. Enjoy!