These protein cookies are based on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich. If you have a sweet tooth, you can enjoy a sweet fix with a hit of protein.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
50g Hi-PRO smooth peanut butter
4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup raspberry jam
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Pre heat over. 170 degrees
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the Hi-PRO peanut butter and butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugars, and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Scoop level tablespoons of dough, and form into balls rolling in sugar.
- Make indentations in centers Bake until cookies are golden.
- Spoon jam into indents.
|of which sugars||38g|
This protein cookie recipe was created by personal trainer Scott Edmed as part of our Top 50 recipe challenge.