Make your own peanut butter ice cream. It’s delicious!
Buy now from Sainsbury’s.
2 heaped tsp Arrowroot Powder
250 ml Almond Milk
3 tbsp Hi-PRO Smooth Peanut Butter
30g Medjool Dates
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
100g Fat Free Greek Yogurt
60g No Sugar Added or Diabetic Dark Chocolate
1 tbsp Stevia (or Sweetener of Choice)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- On a medium heat whisk together the Almond Milk, Vanilla Bean Extract, and Stevia (or sweetener of choice), until the mixture just coats the back of a spoon, or resembles a thin custard-like texture. Be careful not to burn the mixture.
- Take the mixture off the heat and set aside to cool fully. You can also place this in the fridge/freezer to speed the cooling process a little.
- In a blender, blend together until smooth; the cooled custard-like mixture, 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter, 100g Greek Yogurt and 30g Medjool Dates. The Medjool Dates give the ice-cream a caramelised taste, and act as a natural sweetener.
- Place the mixture in to a freezer-friendly container, able to hold about 1 litre of liquid.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours, with a top on the container or Clingfilm.
- The Ice Cream is best served when left out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
Our peanut butter date bomb make the perfect topping. Get the recipe for these here.
This peanut butter ice cream recipe was created by personal trainer Gareth Sapstead as part of our Top 50 recipe challenge.