Start your day the right way with this protein pancakes recipe. Enjoy a stack of buttermilk protein pancakes, smothered in a peanut and honey sauce – a delicious sweet treat as soon as you get up!
Buy now from Sainsbury’s.
For the pancakes
160g self-raising flour
2tbs smooth Hi-PRO peanut butter
2tbs caster sugar
½tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tbs melted butter
100ml semi-skimmed milk
1tsp light olive or vegetable oil for frying
For the sauce
3tbs smooth Hi-PRO peanut butter
2tbs melted butter
Handful fresh blueberries
Extra honey to drizzle
Serves: Makes about 9 pancakes. Serves 3
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the buttermilk, Hi-PRO peanut butter and egg, then add the milk. Once combined quickly add the butter and mix in.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix quickly with a fork being careful not to overwork. It may be a bit lumpy but that’s ok. The mixture should be a thick batter that will spread slightly when ladled into the pan.
- Leave to rest for five minutes.
- In the meantime, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat and add a few drops of oil. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan, a spoonful at a time, to create thick pancakes. Allow to cook until the surface bubbles and dries slightly then flip over.
- Once browned on each side, remove and keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes. Serve with a dollop of the glaze and a few blueberries. Add an extra drizzle of honey if desired.
Per 282g serving
|of which saturates||11.4g|
|of which sugars||34.5g|