Forget separate dinners, forget family dinner time feuds. Nessy’s chicken satay sauce packs a protein punch, that’s good enough for the whole family.
- 3 chicken breasts sliced into chunks
- 1/2 onion
- 1 large carrot sliced thinly
- A handful of broccoli or cauliflower
- 1 small bag of green beans
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1tbsp light or dark soy sauce
- Serve with rice of your choosing
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 3 garlic cloves (I like to use lazy garlic)
- 1 tsp ginger (again, I like to use lazy ginger)
- 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of turmeric
- 3 tbsp of light or dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 600 ml coconut milk
- 3tbsp salt cornflower
- 4 tbsp of Hi-PRO Peanut Powder. (I found this to be quite a nutty amount and wasn’t sure my daughter would like it, but she did).
- Add a tbsp of olive oil into your pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli to your pan.
- Fry your ingredients until the onion is soft.
- Add your dry spices, then add all of the remaining sauce ingredients apart from the corn flour.
- Simmer your ingredients in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and pulse into a smooth paste.
- Once your ingredients have formed a smooth paste, return them to the pan.
- Turn your pan up to a high heat whilst mixing together cornflour and a 1tsp of water, mix well. Add this mixture to the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to thicken.
- Once the sauce has thickened to your liking remove the sauce and clean the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to your fresh, clean pan and pop it over a medium heat.
- Add the other half of your onion and chicken. Fry until the chicken has cooked through.
- Add your remaining vegetables and soy sauce, mix well.
- Add your satay sauce to the pan.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Thank you, Nessy! Don’t forget to check out her Instagram.