This delicious, high protein recipe for a peanut butter burger will be the treat you need after a hard workout. Add the peanut butter burger to your meal plan for and extra 35g of protein per serving.
10g Hi-PRO smooth peanut butter
100g extra lean beef mince
Gluten Free Bun
Suggested Sides: –
Tender stem broccoli
Preparation time: 10 minutes
1) Divide the beef mince in half and make 2 even sized patties, roughly the same size as the bun.
2) Make a small circular dent in the middle of one of the patties and put in most of the High-Pro smooth peanut butter. Keep the peanut butter at least a cm from the edge of the pattie.
3) Place the other pattie on top of the pattie with peanut butter. Press down around the edges and press both patties to create one peanut butter filled beef pattie.
4) Fry the pattie in a pan with a couple of sprays of olive oil on a high heat. It should only need around 3 minutes per side, but cook beef to your preference. You can put salt on pepper on both sides of the patties whilst cooking for extra flavour.
5) Slice the bun in half and grill for a couple of minutes to gently toast the inside.
6) Slice some iceberg lettuce, tomato, red onion and a pickle for the toppings.
7) Now it’s time to plate up! Use any remaining Hi-PRO peanut butter to spread on the inside of the bun. Place the lettuce on the bottom half of the bun, then the burger on top, followed by tomato, onions, pickled gherkin slices and the top bun.
|of which sugars||4.5g|
This peanut butter burger recipe was created by personal trainer Tim Chase as part of our Top 50 recipe challenge.