High protein meal recipes offer you the best recovery after a hard workout. Add our Chilli con Carne recipe into your meal plan for a tasty and protein rich dish.
600g minced beef (5-10% fat)
1tbs light olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp dried oregano
2tsp dried chilli flakes
2tbs Hi-PRO crunchy peanut butter
2tbs tomato puree
1 beef stock cube, made up with 250ml water
1 red pepper, diced
1x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1x 400g tin pinto or borlotti beans
400g brown rice
few sprigs fresh coriander
4tbs sour cream
2tbs sliced jalapenos, optional
- Heat a large deep frying pan with a lid and add half the beef, stirring until browned then remove and set aside. Repeat with the rest of the meat and set aside.
- Add the oil to the same pan and fry the onions gently for 5 minutes until starting to soften but not brown. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano and chilli flakes and fry for a further 2 minutes, being careful not to let the spices and garlic brown or burn
- Add the Hi-PRO peanut butter, tomato puree, beef stock and red pepper. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and place on the lid. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beans and a pinch of salt if desired. Replace the lid and simmer for a further 20-30 minutes. If it’s dry, add a little more water and if it’s too thin, remove the lid.
- Meanwhile cook the rice
- Serve the chilli with rice, soured cream, fresh coriander and jalapenos.
Chilli – Per 422g serving
|of which saturates||10.1g|
|of which sugars||11.2g|
Brown Rice – Per 300g serving
|of which saturates||0.9g|
|of which sugars||1.5g|