Looking for new high protein recipes to try? These low carb, high protein burgers are delicious and give you 69.2g of protein per serving. It’s a tasty addition to your meal plan.
500g lean minced pork (5% fat)
2tbs Hi-PRO peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
1tbs Thai green curry paste
1cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
1tbs light soy sauce
1tsp light olive or vegetable oil
8 rashers streaky bacon
1 large vine tomato, sliced into 4
2 large handfuls salad leaves
½ small red onion, finely sliced
1tbs Hi-PRO crunchy peanut butter
1tbs olive oil
1tsp soy sauce
Serves: 2 - Makes 4 burgers
- Place the pork mince in a large bowl with the Hi-PRO peanut butter, curry paste, ginger and soy sauce and mix thoroughly. You may find it easier to do this with clean hands.
- Divide the pork mixture into 4 equal parts and form into patties/burgers Cover and refrigerate if required
- Brush a griddle pan or frying pan with 1tsp oil then heat and fry the burgers over a medium heat for about 5 minutes then turn and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until completely cooked through
- Meanwhile grill or fry the bacon rashers and keep warm.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the Hi-PRO peanut butter, olive oil and soy sauce
- When the burgers are ready, top each with a slice of tomato and two rashers of bacon. Serve with salad leaves and red onion then drizzle over the dressing
- The burgers could also be served with a side of sweet potato wedges, simply peeled and roasted in a little oil, salt and pepper until tender.
Per 403g serving
|of which saturates||16.1g|
|of which sugars||5.2g|