Peanut butter desserts offer you a high protein, tasty treat. Try these Cinnamon and Peanut Butter Caramel Slices to satisfy your after dinner sweet tooth.
35g rolled oats
30g almond flour
40g date nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice)
15ml unsweetened almond milk
50g Hi-Pro smooth peanut butter
10g protein powder(vanilla or toffee)
50ml sugar free caramel syrup
20g dark chocolate (70%)
20g Hi-Pro smooth peanut butter
1 large tbsp. cinnamon
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Mix all the base ingredients together – adding milk a little at a time to get a dough like consistency.
- Spread over a cling film lined tray/dish (this will make it easier to get out) Then place in the freezer to set for an hour or so.
- Blend the dates until a paste forms add water if needed to help the process
- Mix together with all the other middle ingredients until a smooth caramel sauce is created.
- Pour this over the base and return back to the freezer for another 1-2 hours.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the Hi-PRO peanut butter before mixing together. Add in the cinnamon. You want to be able to taste it so add more if desired.
- Pour this over the slice once the caramel has set as much as it can (it still might be a bit gooey that’s fine)
- Finally place back in the freezer to set. It can be left overnight.
- Remove from tray cut into 6 slices and serve. It can be stored in the fridge for a day but if you want to keep it longer I recommend keeping in the freezer so it maintains its consistency
|of which sugars||10.5g|
This recipe was created by personal trainer Vicki Mellard as part of our Top 50 recipe challenge.