½ cup of smooth Hi-PRO peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 ripe mashed banana
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp sukrin brown sugar alternative
1 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp low fat greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup crushed peanuts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
1) Peel and mash the banana with a fork, then mix in the cocoa powder, honey, cinnamon, brown sugar substitute, yogurt and vanilla.
2) Measure out 2 tbsp of coconut oil and melt it in the microwave for about a minute, then add this to the rest of the mixture.
3) Next, measure half a cup of Hi-PRO peanut butter and soften this in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
4) Add this to the rest of the mixture and also stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Place the mixture in a tray in the freezer to harden for about 15-20 minutes.
6) Meanwhile, crush the peanuts using a pestle and mortar (or by any other means)
7) When the fudge is slightly harder, roll it into small balls and roll them in the crushed peanuts
8) Return the chocolate peanut butter truffles to the freezer to harden for another 10 minutes
9) Store the truffles in the fridge
This chocolate peanut butter truffles recipe was created by Sally Williams as part of our Top 50 recipe challenge.