Succumb to the lure of the microwaved peanut butter mug make. There’s something very satisfying about piling the ingredients in a mug and watching a steaming peanut butter cake rise up in a few minutes.
- 1tbs peanut butter
- 1tbs softened butter
- 1½ tbs brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbs self rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- A dash of milk
- Place butter and peanut butter in a microwave-safe mug. Microwave until butter and peanut butter are melted, about 30 seconds.
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla extract to butter mixture. Stir flour into mixture until combined adding the milk to slacken the mixture if required.
- Cook in the microwave on the highest setting until the cake has risen and fully set. This should take 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with your own choice of sauce or more peanut butter