Make our peanut butter ice cream with homemade peanut butter cups. They’re delicious!
2 heaped tsp Arrowroot Powder
250 ml Almond Milk
3 tbsp Hi-PRO Smooth Peanut Butter
30g Medjool Dates
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
100g Fat Free Greek Yogurt
60g No Sugar Added or Diabetic Dark Chocolate
1 tbsp Stevia (or Sweetener of Choice)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Place ½ a tablespoon of HI-Pro Smooth Peanut Butter in to each of a couple of muffin cases.
- Melt the No Added Sugar Dark Chocolate in the microwave, slowly for 20 seconds at a time, until the Chocolate is smooth and without any lumps.
- Spoon the melted chocolate in to the muffin cases, over the peanut butter.
- Place the muffin cases in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until the Peanut Butter Cups are set. Complete step 5 while this is happening.
- On a medium heat whisk together the Almond Milk, Vanilla Bean Extract, and Stevia (or sweetener of choice), until the mixture just coats the back of a spoon, or resembles a thin custard-like texture. Be careful not to burn the mixture.
- Take the mixture off the heat and set aside to cool fully. You can also place this in the fridge/freezer to speed the cooling process a little.
- In a blender, blend together until smooth; the cooled custard-like mixture, 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter, 100g Greek Yogurt and 30g Medjool Dates. The Medjool Dates give the ice-cream a caramelised taste, and act as a natural sweetener.
- Place the mixture in to a freezer-friendly container, able to hold about 1 litre of liquid.
- Take the Peanut Butter Cups out of the fridge and roughly chop, placing them in to the ice cream liquid.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours, with a top on the container or Clingfilm.
- The Ice Cream is best served when left out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
This peanut butter ice cream recipe was created by personal trainer Gareth Sapstead as part of our Top 50 recipe challenge.